1. Rain will continue today and into the evening with scattered thunderstorms and a possible tenth of an inch of accumulation. Following last night's flood warning, expect certain areas to be submerged, and exercise caution while driving. Temperatures will peak at 65 degrees, and fall into the 50s at night.
2. The North Haven Trail Association will hold its monthly meeting at 7:00 p.m. at the Recreation Center. With hiking weather upon us (well, maybe not this week) expect discussion of progress on the Quinnipiac River Trail and ways to get involved in the project. For more info on the NHTA, visit their website.
3. Two town meetings tonight, both at 7:30 p.m. The Library Board will meet in the library for the director's report, and the Zoning Board of Appeals will review applications for several properties in the Recreation Center. Full agendas for both meetings can be found here.
4. Seven varsity matches tomorrow: Baseball home versus Amity, Golf away against Daniel Hand, Boys Lacrosse away at Notre Dame-West Haven, Boys and Girls track hosting the SCC Novice Meet at Vanacore Field, and Softball away playing Sacred Heart Academy. For times and buses, check out
5. Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro will be visiting the Long Wharf Mobil station to talk with patrons about the rising cost of gasoline. Patch will be covering the session, so stop by later today for video of the event.