The following information was released from First Selectman Freda's office in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy:
All 169 Chief Elected Officials across the State and Governor Malloy have been notified by the United Illuminating and Connecticut Light & Power via teleconference that there will be no information or commitment regarding restoration plans until tomorrow, Nov. 1, at 6 am. Residents may contact the UI customer service at 1-800-722-5584.
In North Haven, 3,888 (35.44%) of UI customers are without power as of 2 p.m.
Some additional information:
• Halloween trick or treating is being postponed for one week to Wednesday, November 7th.
• The Children’s Halloween party at the Rec Center will be taking place today as scheduled. 4:30 – 6:00 pm
• For anyone needing a hot shower, the showers at our Rec Center Pool will be available to residents Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 pm.
• The Emergency Shelter at the High School is presently closed. If there is a need, a decision will be made as necessary to re-open and an announcement will be made.
• Our Library is available as charging station and internet access.
• Trash pick-up has been delayed one day this week.
• Transfer Station is open for residents from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. There is no pass needed and no fee. Please bring proof of residency.
• Mr. Freda will continue to utilize the State’s Emergency Notification System to communicate with our residents. If you are not receiving his regular messages, please go the State website at www.ct.gov/ctalert to register your home and cell phones.