The in the nation is the and it returns to the North Haven Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24.
Presented by (IACC), the CT Festival celebrates the music of the Emerald Isle by featuring many of the top Celtic musical groups on both days and a full day of dance competition on Sunday at their (pronounced "Fesh") with dancers dressed in colorful and traditional costumes.
Here are some of the musical headliners appearing at the Festival:
- Seven Nations is not your father's Celtic band. With a passionate, tender, and rollicking style that winningly veers from roots and folk to dance and fusion-rock. Seven Nations has earned a growing reputation as an adventurous band with a charismatic stage presence. They will perform Saturday in the Main Tent at 9 p.m.
- Screaming Orphans are four fun, high-spirited, musically-obsessed sisters from Ireland. Their sound has been compared to the Bangles and the Cranberries and their musical influences range from the Beatles, R.E.M., Indigo Girls, Abba, to traditional music. They will perform Saturday in the Main Tent from 7:30 to 9 pm; and on Sunday from 1:45 to 3:15 pm.
- McLean Avenue Band is a collection of well-known Irish/Celtic performers covering Celtic, Irish and Pop music. Traditional Irish tunes, waltzes and upbeat hits, carefully blended with the dancing songs of today's upbeat hits blended with the dancing songs of today's modern world music. Together they combine tradition with masterpiece and form a dynamic super-band sound. They will perform Sunday in the Main Tent from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Celtic Cross pop/folk with a strong Celtic traditional influence from the heart of New York City. Growing up with immigrant parents, the band was immersed in Irish music, dance, and tradition. But like all kids, also heavily influenced by music on the radio, playing Irish tunes with a pop flare. They are a 7-piece band and will perform Sunday in the Main Tent from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- The Mickey Finns are masterful musicians who will have you dancing, stomping your foot, and raising your pint and singing along to the power-packed energy they bring. If you like the sounds of great Celtic Rock acts like Great Big Sea, Gaelic Storm, Scythian, The Prodigals, or even Spirit of the West, you will enjoy this Celtic rock trio. They will perform Saturday in the Main Tent from 5:30 to 7 pm; and on Sunday from 12:00 to 1:30 pm.
- Mean Carlene is a rock-n-roll cover band…plain and simple. They play music from all eras and have fun doing it. If you like classic rock, you'll like this band. If you like modern rock, you'll like this band. If you like rap and hip hop, you may not like this band! They have been together over 10 years and the reason for this is, they say, because they truly love to play music and entertain people. They will perform in the Main Tent on Saturday from 3:30 to 5 pm.
Other musical acts appearing over the course of the two day Festival are Kitchen Party, Tommy Goodwin and Sharon; Tara Gold, Damien Connelly, Kyle Carey, The Narrowbacks, Curlews, Celticity, Ask Your Father, and Ceol Milis (pronounced Kyol Mill-ish) who will provide music for a Ceili Dance on Saturday in the Main Tent from 7:30 to 10:30 pm, after giving a 6:30 pm performance.