LIEBERMAN: Sen. Joe Lieberman is said to be a frequent diner at , a new all-kosher restaurant in downtown Stamford (). We have a , named after the senator.
BLUMENTHAL: Sen. Richard Blumenthal got some Twitter #FF and Re-Tweet love on this Tweet, which links during to a press release about restricting smokeless tobacco use among MLBers and also giving money to anti-smoking efforts:
DELAURO: Saying that women’s presence in the nation’s workforce has achieved unprecedented levels, woman, Rep. Rosa DeLauro (CT-3) led a panel of experts at Quinnipiac University this week that discussed striking inequities in how woman are paid and what level of job security they are assured in comparison to male counterparts.
HIMES: Rep. Jim Himes (CT-4) that discussed a recent, seemingly emotional trip to Alabama for a “Faith and Politics Institute pilgrimage to the fabled battlefields of the Civil Rights movement in Alabama: Birmingham, Montgomery, and Selma.”
Observes Himes in his post: “The shotgun shacks and hardscrabble fields I glimpsed from the road hinted at the poverty and anxiety that blinded (and blinds) the fearful to the redemptive possibilities of progressive change. And even now, the Confederate flags that decorate portraits in the State House and mud-splattered bumpers suggest a longing for the cult of power, race, and betrayed destiny that long ordered the worlds of generations of whites.”
MURPHY: Rep. Chris Murphy (CT-5) on Friday sent out some love to his friends in the Twitterverse who began observing Passover at sundown:
Chag sameach to all my friends celebrating the start of Passover tonight!
Editor's Note: “Eye on the Beltway” is a new feature on your local Patch that looks each day at the activities of elected officials in our nation’s capitol from your town and other parts of southwestern Connecticut.
Those officials are:
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
- Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
- Rep. Rosa DeLauro (CT-3), a Democrat representing Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Derby, Durham, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Middlefield, Middletown, Milford, Naugatuck, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Prospect, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven and Woodbridge.
- Rep. Jim Himes (CT-4), a Democrat representing Bridgeport, Darien, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Monroe, New Canaan, Norwalk, Oxford, Redding, Ridgefield, Shelton (part), Stamford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport and Wilton.
- Rep. Chris Murphy (CT-5), a Democrat representing Avon, Bethel, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Burlington, Canaan, Canton, Cheshire, Cornwall, Danbury, Farmington, Goshen, Harwinton, Kent, Litchfield, Meriden, Middlebury, Morris, New Britain, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Norfolk, North Canaan, Plainville, Plymouth, Roxbury, Salisbury, Sharon, Sherman, Simsbury, Southbury, Thomaston, Torrington (part), Warren, Washington, Waterbury (part), Watertown, Wolcott and Woodbury.