The town of North Haven has posted the leaf collection schedule on its website. The street-by-street pick-up list is available for download on the town website or on this article.
Leaf collection will begin Nov. 5 and end Dec. 15.
Exception: Thursday and Friday routes, Nov. 22 and Nov. 23, - all bagged leaves will be picked up on Nov. 24.
Brown bags of leaves must be placed at the curb by 5 a.m.
1. Bulk leaves must be placed at the curb not in the street or across sidewalks. Placing leaves in the street is a violation of Town Ordinance Sec. 180-11.
2. NO PLASTIC BAGS! Leaves may be brown-bagged and placed at the curb. They will be picked up on a separate schedule (listed to the right). Brown bags must be at the curb by 5:00 a.m. on the designated collection days.
3. Bulk leaves are collected from residential properties Monday through Friday in accordance with the established schedule (listed below) and as weather conditions allow. In the event of a snow storm or other emergency, leaf collection will be temporarily suspended. Leaves are collected in the Fall only.
4. Bulk leaves must be placed at the curb by 5 a.m. on the Monday of your street’s designated collection week.
5. Avoid parking vehicles in the street during the collection period in your area. Do not park cars in or adjacent to any pile(s) of leaves.
6. Do not mix branches with bulk or bagged leaves. These may be cut, bundled and tied for removal during normal refuse collection. The Town may refuse service if branches are mixed with leaves in order to protect workers and equipment.
7. If leaves begin to blow around, we suggest wetting the pile or making a small enclosure from chicken wire or snow fencing in which to hold the leaves.
8. Do not allow leaves to accumulate in/around storm drains or ditch lines to reduce the risk of flooding. (See Guideline #1.)
9. Town schedules have been established to reflect the traditional volume of leaves in various areas. High volume areas are normally collected first.
10. Weather permitting, DPW may conduct a second bulk collection in those areas with a high volume of leaves.
11. Your cooperation with the above guidelines will enable DPW staff to deliver effective services to you and your neighbors.
12. Residents may bring leaves year-round to the Recycling Center on Elm Street. The Recycling Center is open: Tuesday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Brown biodegradable bags of leaves may be left in the designated leaf disposal area. Leaves in plastic bags must be emptied from the bags into the designated disposal area. Residents should plan to use this facility for leaves from their yard during the Spring.