The Board of Education approved the removal of eight positions on Thursday for budget-related restructuring. They also accepted three resignations, one retirement and one new hire.
- The eight positions eliminated for budget reasons include five special education teachers, two social workers and a guidance counselor.
- The new positions to replace the old ones include computer teacher for , a special education teacher at the middle school for autistic children, a language arts coordinator for kindergarten through fifth grade, a high school reading teacher, a speech teacher and two math coaches for elementary school.
- The district hired Kristine Carling as director of finance and operations. Previously the position was filled temporarily.
- Ellen Griffin, a special education teacher at North Haven Middle School, retired.
- Three teachers from the high school retired: Math teacher Mary-Jo Brigante-Murphy, science teacher Emily Baxter and science teacher Lawrence Fabianski, Jr.
This article was originally published on May 12.