Cardiovascular exercise is essential for achieving and maintaining weight loss and to maximize your overall fitness level. There are many benefits to cardio training:
1) Increases cardio capacity.
2) Strengthens the heart
3) Decreases resting heart rate promoting longevity of the heart muscle.
4) Promotes a decrease in blood pressure.
5) Increases the body's ability to get fuel to the muscles.
6) Helps to increase muscular endurance.
7) Promotes fat loss.
8) Reduces risk of some cancers.
9) Helps to reduce stress.
If you are looking to begin a cardio program, it is easy to become confused. Choosing the right type of program that is best for your health, life goals, time constraints, and abilities can be hard. A personal trainer can help you make this decision and get you started on a healthier and happier path.
Stephen Stern, BS, CPT
Common Sense Fitness Personal Training
605 Washington Avenue, North Haven, Ct. 06473